Tuesday, March 3, 2009
1. We need the Amazon rainforest is because more than 20% of our oxygen comes from there.
2. More than half of the world's 10 million species of animals, plants, insects come from tropical rainforest, without the Amazon Rainforest they would all die out.
3. It might carry cures for diseases/cancers.
4. Most of our foods come out of the Amazon like , bananas , pineapples , nuts , coffee beans , and many more.
5. The rainforest is the home many tribal people who live in the Amazon Rainforest and depend on its food and shelter.
6. The Amazon acts like a "heating pump." that redistributes solar energy.
7. Tropical rainforests covered 14% of the Earth’s surface but now only a mere 6% is left; they are very important to the Earth’s eco-system.
8. At least 3000 fruits are found in the rainforest but only 200 of them are used in the western world.
9. In one area of land you can find 287 different trees and 662 species of higher trees.
10. There are so wonderful animals and plants that come from the tropical rainforest. So many unknown wonders.
The Amazon Rainforest is located mainly in Brazil and spreads out into Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, and Venezuela. The Amazon used to have 6 square miles of green,lush,and beautiful land ,but now it barely has 3 square miles of land. The Amazon Rainforest has less of its land now because its experiencing DEFORESTATION. Deforestation is when all the trees and plants are getting removed and are bought from other people/places. The Amazon is made of broadleaf evergreen forest. Its weather is normally very wet and very hot, and the Amazon is close by the equator. This rainforest has 3 layers ,which means the top layer of the trees is called a Canopy, the middle layer is called the Lower story, and lastly the bottom layer is called the Forest floor.